Hello day 2 of preschoolers staying home!!
Many parents are implementing a home schedule for preschoolers. I’d love to encourage you to choose one cooking activity everyday. Involving your children in food-related activities can increase their positive feelings around food and eating and is just really fun!! Try not to get too concerned about mess, there is so much benefit to offering a sensory experience like cooking.
Yoghurt dipped strawberries
- 1lb strawberries
- 22oz fresh strawberries, washed
- 1-2 cups plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (I personally love Strauss or Stonyfield, but whatever
- you can get your hands on will work!)
- optional: 1/2 cup crushed pistachios & honey (to drizzle)
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper
- Empty yogurt into a bowl
- Dip each strawberry into yogurt & place onto baking sheet
- Freeze for 1 hour
- Remove from freezer and dip each strawberry into a fresh bowl of yogurt for second coat
- At this point if you want to sprinkle crushed pistachios or drizzle some honey on top this would be the time to do it.
- Refreeze for another hour or until frozen solid