Don’t be afraid of a little bit of healthy fat!
Not only does a teaspoon of butter, olive oil or a sprinkle of cheese make vegetables taste better, it can actually help the body absorb vitamins too!
Here is how I like to prepare my broccoli. Yum for adults & #fingerfoodie approved & enjoyed!! - Sautéed broccoli and snap peas
- 1 fresh broccoli (rinsed, tough lower stem discarded. Cut broccoli into 2-inch florets)
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rapid boil
- Add a generous pinch of salt
- Add broccoli pieces
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then drain
- Add oil & garlic to a large sauté pan & place over mdm heat
- Cook & stir garlic until it begins to turn a light golden color
- Add the broccoli & salt (generous pinch)
- Stir to coat the broccoli well & continue to cook for 2 min Transfer to a bowl & serve!
- Absolutely delicious with a side of brown rice & toasted sesame seeds