Check out this simple, healthy and nutrient-dense breaky bar recipe for the whole family. Put this together in the evening and they are ready to eat first thing in the morning! These freeze well and can be eaten at snack time too.
NUT & MAPLE BREAKFAST BARS
• 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
• 3 tbsp flaxseeds
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup peanut butter
• 1/4 cup almond butter
• 1/4 cup cashew butter
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 1 cup pitted dates
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cover the dates in hot water and allow to steep
- Prepare a medium sized tin with baking paper
- Over mdm-high heat and in a heavy-based pan, dry roast the oats for 2-3 minutes (or until they smell nutty). Transfer to a large mixing bowl
- Place nut butters, tahini and maple syrup into a saucepan over low heat until liquified, then pour over the oats and combine
- Add the dates with a splash of the water into a food processor and blend until smooth, then add to the bowl
- Add the flax and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix all the ingredients through until combined
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and press down until tightly packed and evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or even better overnight until the base is set
- Cut the mixture into bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge or pop into the freezer to enjoy at a later time!