We love this sorting activity using ingredients to fill shapes on a piece of paper!! It offers a wonderful sensory experience, whilst learning to identify & match shapes. It also gives adults an opportunity to talk about the ingredients, their texture, color, taste & why they are good for growing bodies!!
Remember to choose/prepare developmentally appropriate pieces of food as the pieces will likely end up in your child's mouth and could pose a choking risk.
*Please note this activity requires supervision.
What you'll need:
- Plastic sleeve
- Selection of cut up fruit and vegetables and any interesting shaped ingredients (think pretzels, mandarin segments etc.)
Time to play!
- Outline different shapes on a piece of a paper (triangle, moon, square, star etc.)
- Place the piece of paper inside a plastic sleeve
- Prep the ingredients and lay them out on a tray
- Encourage your child to match the food and shapes
- Eat the leftovers!!