Next level apple sauce doesn't require adding sugar or sweeteners. All you need is beautifully ripe, sweet organic apples and.. chamomile flowers!! Chamomile adds a delicious caramel flavor to the apple sauce, totally elevating the flavor. Eat it warm with a dollop of Greek Yoghurt or grind up some roasted almonds and sprinkle over for an apple pie-esk snack.
Makes 4 x 3.5oz portions
3lb Organic Apples
2 Tbsp Organic Chamomile Flower (if using a tea bag, make sure there is no added caffeine or addtl. ingredients).
1. Peel the apples, then roughly cut off and discard the core
2. Move the apples into a deep saucepan
3. Place the chamomile tea (tea bag/cheese cloth/teaball) on top of fruit *being careful to remove any staples or string if using a teabag. Cover the pot (no need to add water).
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes (or longer) on medium heat until the apples are easily cut with a spoon
5. Stir occasionally *careful not to break mesh bag/tea filter open
6. Remove chamomile tea & allow apples to cool
7. Serve or blend.